Conferences and events
Each year, Australia Minerals participates in a series of international seminars and meetings to showcase Australia’s vast mineral resources and investment potential.
Below, you will find information on recent and upcoming events along with presentations given by the Australia Minerals team.
- Prospectors and Developers Association of Canada (PDAC) Convention 2021
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the 2021 convention will be fully virtual.
- International Mining and Machinery Exhibition (IMME), virtual event, 2 December 2020 to 1 February 2021
- International Mining and Resources Conference & Expo (IMARC) 2020, 24–27 November 2020. Download the presentations:
- Australia – World Class Geoscience and Investment Opportunities
- Australia – World Class Geoscience and Investment Opportunities - Q&A with Audience
- Japan–Australia Mineral Resources Investment Webinar, virtual event, 30 October 2020. Download the presentations:
- Japan-Australia Mineral Resources Investment Webinar Presentations 2020 (PDF 8.1 MB)
- Prospectors and Developers Association of Canada (PDAC) Convention 2020, Toronto, Canada, 1–4 March 2020
For a PDF copy of the presentations given at the Australia Minerals seminar 3 March 2020 click the link below:
- For a PDF copy of the presentations given at the Australia Minerals Pavilion from March 1-3 2020 click the links below:
Virtual webinar series
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Australia Minerals has explored new ways to communicate virtually. All of Australia’s geological surveys now make presentations available online, providing new geoscience information and data to continue support for the Australian mineral exploration industry. You can find links to each state’s webinars below.
Public talks available online
New South Wales
Webinars from the Geological Survey of New South Wales
NTGS webinar presentation
GSQ-UQ Exploration Webinar Series
GSWA Webinar Series
About Australia Minerals events
Prospectors and Developers Association of Canada Convention
The Prospectors and Developers Association of Canada Convention (PDAC) is held in March each year at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre in Toronto, Canada
PDAC is the world's leading convention for people, companies and organisations in, or connected with, mineral exploration. Australia Minerals attends this event to promote Australia's exploration and investment potential to over 24,000 attendees.
Science in the Surveys
Science in the Surveys is hosted every two years by one of Australia’s state or territory geological surveys. The event aims to highlight the outstanding science being conducted by Australia's geological surveys, CSIRO, UNCOVER and the DET CRC.
Science in the Surveys 2019: New data, new tools, new frontiers—the role of Government in mineral discovery
This year’s event was hosted by the Geological Survey of New South Wales in the heart of the Hunter Valley. Industry professionals, researchers, government, sector stakeholders and geoscience students attended.
Highlights of the day included:
- Presentations on new data and products for mineral explorers from each of Australia’s state and territory geological surveys
- An update from Geoscience Australia on the use of new national datasets for resource exploration
- An update on CSIRO’s exploration geoscience programs
- An overview of the outcomes and lessons learned from the Deep Exploration Technologies CRC
- An introduction to the MinEx CRC – the globe’s largest exploration geoscience collaboration
- A look at the recently released Australian Decadal Plan for Geoscience from an industry perspective
- Poster viewing
Download a copy of each of the presentations:
- Session one (PDF 30.5 MB)
- Session two (PDF 11.6 MB)
- Session three (PDF 14.0 MB)
- Session four (PDF 16.1 MB)
China-Australia Resources Investment Forum
Australia Minerals proudly hosts a China-Australia Resources Investment Forum each year in Beijing, China.
Australia Minerals hosts this forum to promote Australia's exploration and investment potential in this key investment market. This event aims to attract increased investment in mineral exploration in Australia by engaging international government agencies and mining/exploration companies.
The seminar includes multiple presentations on Australian minerals/energy commodities and the Australian investment and policy environment. Spoken presentations are simultaneously translated into Chinese or English and PowerPoint presentations are displayed in both Chinese and English. A panel discussion session involving a moderator, an expert panel and the audience follows each presentation. A display area with tables and posters is set up in the foyer to allow attendees to engage with participating government agencies and companies.
If you are interested in attending or participating in the forum please email email@example.com.
To access relevant data and publications, please visit our Mineral Resources, Projects and Publications pages.
China Mining Congress and Expo
Australia Minerals participates in the China Mining Congress and Expo held each year at the Meijiang Convention and Exhibition Centre in Tianjin, China.
China Mining is one of the world's largest mineral investment, cooperation and trading platforms. More than 11,000 delegates attended in 2018, including more than 1000 international visitors, with over 582 exhibitors. Australia Minerals attends this event to promote Australia's exploration and investment potential at this significant convention in a key investment market.
If you are in Tianjin at this time and would like to arrange a meeting with Australia Minerals delegates attending the convention, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Australia-Japan Mineral Resources Investment Seminar
Australia Minerals hosts a Australia-Japan Mineral Resources Investment Seminar at the Australian Embassy in Tokyo, Japan each year.
The Australia Minerals team looks forward to promoting Australia's exploration and investment potential in this significant investment market in an effort to attract increased investment in mineral exploration in Australia by engaging international government agencies and mining/exploration companies.
The half-day seminar includes a series of presentations on Australian minerals/energy commodities and the Australian investment and policy environment. Spoken presentations are simultaneously translated into Japanese or English with PowerPoint presentations displayed in English. A display area is set up in the foyer to allow attendees to engage with participating government agencies and companies and a networking event is held immediately after the seminar.
If you are interested in attending the seminar please email email@example.com.
Promotional activities in the Republic of Korea (South Korea) and India
The Australia Minerals team travels to Seoul each year as part of its North Asia promotional activities. Australia Minerals also visits multiple cities in India every 12-18 months. During these visits the team meet with government agencies, mining and exploration companies, and people interested in investing in the minerals and mining sector in Australia.
If you would like to know more about these visits, or to meet with the team when in the Republic of Korea or India, please send us a message via the Contact Us page on this website.
Other Conferences and Events
Each of Australia Minerals’ organisations also hold their own conferences and events. Find out more about their upcoming events by clicking on the following links:
News & events
New South Wales
Annual Geoscience Exploration Seminar (AGES)
Minerals and resources
Mineral Resources Tasmania